Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Everybody Needs a Skeleton

Awhile ago, I posted about my impasse with the Joseph sculpture. Well, I did decide to actually go ahead and try to learn human figure sculpture. I've spent years saying I was *not* a human figure sculptor. Yea. I said that and at the same time completed several figurative pieces with with a I was not really happy. So, I'm going to do it. Or, at least I am going to start doing it. I'm going to learn how to do this right.
Here is my first step. A little skeleton drawing from a human figure website called Anatomy4Sculptors. It is a little thing, but it is a start.
A friend very kindly pointed this website out to me as a resource. Her name is Shana, by the way, and she is studying liturgical art in Florence. Her blog is http://www.john1v14.blogspot.com. Check it out.




No comments:

Post a Comment